why

why start a blog?

idk. seemed like a good idea at the time.

no actually, i feel led to start a blog (even though i feel that it can be a tad cliche at times) because i just feel that i need a visible place to put my thoughts, ramblings, rants, on the different issues that i face everyday as a man guided by God in a fallen world.

really, my hope is that in reading these things someone, somewhere (maybe even close to me, in my church or in closely connected limbs of the body that i associate with) will be blessed and will give glory to God. that's my hope. glory to God. but i admit, maybe part of it is my own narcissism that is leading me to put these thoughts out here instead of just saying the things that are on my mind, instead of journaling them privately (a discipline that i, like many christian men supplanted in a world with hi-definition televisions, xbox360s, cell phones that can call, text, vote, record, and cook your dinner, struggle with), or just keeping these things to myself... but i would hope not. i would hope and i would wish that this blog, this collection of thoughts backed up by the word when it is truth, and preceded with an admission of failure in humility when it is not, would fall somewhere in the unbelievably perfect picture of brilliant design that we call His Will, and would not just be something that is defined by my own, imperfect, scattered, collage of thoughts that is my own will.

consider this first post my mission statement. what is to be accomplished. the platform to which policy will be derived. et cetera, et cetera.

0 comments: